Phone: 250.434.9022 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Norman is well known throughout the business community as not only a FCPA and FCA, but also as an advocate volunteering on many committees to enhance the city for residents and visitors alike. As a founding partner of the company since 1991, Norm appreciates the opportunities the firm provides both to students looking for their first start in an accounting firm and to seasoned professionals who further the great reputation of the company.
"I enjoy the opportunities our firm provides not only to our clients to help them reach their goals, but also in working as a team to help build our community through the many organizations we support."
Norm is proficient in the areas of succession planning, financing and acquisitions, sale of business, and organizational governance including meeting facilitation, teaching, and course development. He has decades of experience working with aboriginal organizations, not-for-profit associations, and family owned enterprises.
Norm attended the University of Alberta and obtained his CA designation from ICABC in 1989. He is an avid sports fan and has coached both minor baseball and hockey. Norm has also been recognized with many community and industry awards, most recently being named a fellow by the Chartered Professional Accountants of BC.
- Family owned enterprises
- First Nations
- Succession planning
- Financing and acquisitions
- Sale of business
- Organizational governance including meeting facilitation, teaching and developing courses
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Professional Accountants of BC
Awards & Recognition
- Kaizen Award from Sport B.C. for Innovative Leadership - 1999
- Community Service Award from ICABC (Institute of Chartered Accountants of B.C.) - 2006
- Pioneer Spirit Award from Kamloops Mayor and Council - 2008
- Business Person of the Year Award from Kamloops Chamber of Commerce - 2014
- Sports Person of the Year Award from Kamloops Sports Council - 1996 & 2017
- Volunteer Co-Chair – 2016 IIHF Women's World Hockey Championship
- Volunteer Chair – 2014 Brier Organizing Committee
- Mayor’s Committee for a Performing Arts Centre
- Past member of the TRU Foundation and The Sports Legacy Fund
- Co – Chair of the KMBA “Field of Dreams” Project
- Executive member for 8 previous Canadian Curling Association “Season of Champions Events”
- Volunteer coach for both Minor Baseball and Hockey
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Legacy Chartered Accountant Designation – 1989
- Bcom – University of Alberta – 1983
- Camrose Composite High School – 1979 - Wall of Fame Inductee